Monday, September 27, 2010
Eleven Years and Counting
Thanks again to my wonderful Mom, Jon and I were able to steal away for two days to enjoy some peace and quiet of Blowing Rock and celebrate our 11th year as an old married couple.
Here I am on the actual Blowing Rock. The rain that came the next day was on it's way in at this time. Those mountains are always smokey, but they were really smokey that day.
On our way to a really disappointing dinner at Storie Street Grille. I was so excited to eat at this restaurant. The menu lists all the local farms they use. All organic, grass fed beef, organic free range chicken. Organic local fruit and veggies. I couldn't have been more excited. While the food may have been good quality, it was poorly prepared. I need to right the owner a letter ... they have a great thing going, they just need to hire a chef who knows what they are doing!
We didn't let dinner spoil our time away though. Chetola resort where we stayed was beautiful. Here is the lake at sunset. The entire town of Blowing Rock sits on the ridge of a mountain. I love everything about it. I could live there. In the summer, for about a month. Thats about as long as I could make it without Starbucks. Or Target.
Here's the main lodge and restaurant at Chetola. And while our dinner at Storie Street Grille was a downer, our lunch here was fantastic. Next time you are in Blowing Rock, check out the Manor Restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Or hungry for hours.
We drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway for a bit and stopped here at the Cone Mansion. Thousands of acres of hiking, biking, horseback riding trails complete with a stocked lake and a gorgeous mansion.
Can you see the refection of the Cone Mansion in my sun glasses? It was beyond beautiful. Oh, and aren't we cute?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment