Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spring, where are you???

Is it Spring Yet?

We are in for a ‘storm’ tonight. And by storm I mean something wet 'may' fall from the sky as the temps dip into the low 30s. This scary senario has all the locals filing into the grocery store to stock up on bread and milk. I usually just shake my head and laugh. When you grow up in Maine it takes a little more than 60% chance of ‘something’ to get me excited. But here’s the thing. I am over winter.
OVER IT!
We’ve had a few glimpses of spring over the last few weeks, but otherwise it’s been a cold, cruel winter. I’m blaming Liza. It’s all her fault. Liza, it's all your fault! There, I feel so much better now. So while we prepare for another night of the sky spitting something at us I reflect on some of the warmer days we’ve had lately. But then I realize it's past 11:30pm and I don't have time to import any pictures of my kids playing outside in tee-shirts because I have to try to get some sleep. William is sick again. He's running a super high fever and has a nasty cough. He's not sleeping well which means I'm not sleeping well.
So com'on Spring, I can't take much more of this ‘winter’ stuff. If there is ice on the ground when I wake up I'm moving to Arizona. If there is ice on the ground when I wake up AND I have more than one child with a fever I am moving to Arizona alone.

Okay, not really. But this winter and these high fevers have got to stop soon. No telling what color hair I'm going to end up with if they don't.

No comments: