We spent Saturday afternoon at a farm in Shelby, NC. Katie's friend Lily Grace's grandparents own a beautiful sprawling horse farm up there. Every spring they throw a spring fling for their two granddaughters and all their classmates and families. It was spectacular!
We pet and fed alpaca.
Rode a miniature horse. (I didn't get a picture of Ben on the little guy, but he said it was his favorite part of the day. He had never ridden 'bare back' before and he thought that was pretty cool.) Camryn wanted to take the miniature home with us.
Held very soft and very sweet baby bunnies. (Katie was convinced this bunny wanted her to bring him home.)Snuggled baby chicks. This is Will asking "Can I keep this one?" (I must admit the chicks were beyond adorable. And we were just talking about the life cycle of chickens. It would be really neat to have a laying hen, and collect our own eggs. But the HOA here in Ballantyne Country Club has a hard time with children's playsets in the backyard, I'm gonna guess that they would say No to livestock. Maybe we could convince Ma to get some baby chicks. Here that Ma? Haven't you always wanted chickens???)
And even got to pet a tortoise. I even found this tortoise to be quite cute. Will wanted to ride him.
This is my favorite picture. This is Kate with a couple of her friends in one of the million fields. Every time you turned around you saw another sight like this ~ fields and fences as far as you could see. It was beautiful! Thank you to Lily Grace and family for hosting, it was a great day!








No comments:
Post a Comment