Now I could have just caught this bull frog and let him go. And that would have been the end of it. But no, as a homeschooler at heart, I took this opportunity to teach and share the joy and awe of nature to my youngest children.
We noted the frog's sheer size. That's Will's crock that frog is next too. We also talked about how the chlorine in the pool probably had the frog feeling pretty sick at this point. Their skin is much more porous than ours ya know.
Here's the fella up close and personal. Will noted that the frog looked like he had two sets of eyes. Being the nature genius that I am I pointed out those 'other eyes' are how the frog hears. Not exactly ears per se, but hearing devices. I believe this is what scientists call them ~ hearing devices.
Yup almost certain that's what they are called.
Imagine all we were learning at this point! It was such a fantastic lesson. Will and Camryn were eating it up. They love observing nature. Here is Camryn's hand. Notice this frog would be too large for Camryn to hold in one hand. Now I'm a nature nut, but this frog was a little too big and a little too gross for my liking, but as a future homeschooler I kept my emotions to myself as we continued to observe and learn about this strange looking animal.
And here in this video is where you can really witness me in my glory and see first hand why I consider homeschooling my life's calling. I was born to do this. Just listen to the awe and amazement in my voice. The kids are going to learn so much from me.





No comments:
Post a Comment