Friday, November 13, 2009

Fall Days to Fall For

After what seems like a crazy couple of weeks Will, Cam and I enjoyed a relaxing day at home today with nothing 'to do' on our schedule. The fact that the rain stopped made for an even nicer day to be home playing, being Friday seemed to help a bit too. Between working with Jon, getting sick and school commitments I feel like it's been forever since I've had a day with my two little ones. After breakfast we headed outside for some bike riding and driveway fun. Will had me take off his training wheels so he could try to ride without them. I never let go of his seat but he probably would have done a pretty good job if I had. Later we collected leaves and played Operation and Animal Pinball while Camryn napped. All in all it was a very relaxing and enjoyable day. I really hope there are more of those days ahead of us!
This is one of my favorite bushes. I love that it blooms like crazy in the fall. Now if I can just figure out what it is. Right now my roses and knock-out azaleas are blooming too. It really is a pretty time of year here. All the fall leaves mixed with pink blooms. Very different from the Novembers I remember growing up.
We were supposed to be collecting leaves but somehow Camryn interpreted that as licking the leaves. Lovely.
Showing off her favorite leaf. You can't really tell in this picture, but Camryn has a nasty snotty nose at the moment ... 'tis the season!
This is the face Will makes when you tell him to smile. Cracks me up. He has his prized leaves in his hand. I wanted to make place mats with them but Will decided he wanted to spread them out on the island in the kitchen between candle holders. That's my little decorator!
It has rained non-stop for the past three days and the ground is saturated. Here are a bunch of mushrooms we found in our flower beds today after the skies cleared. Will and Camryn were very interested in them and made me take this picture.

No comments: