This is Miss Ella Rae, my niece. Isn't she just squeezably sweet?!? Camryn LOVES her. Almost too much. Sorry Ella.
Here are my crazies before the party started that day. Notice Cam's fat lip. Big sister decided to push Camryn in the doll stroller down a 'step-down'. She landed on her face. An hour before the party. Sigh.
Cam and her big brothers. Sweet love. And the cake. Made by yours truly. All from scratch. Yup, I am all that and then some.
I love brother kissing sister pictures. I think her day was made right then and there. Maybe even made her fat lip feel better. For a minute.
Who wouldn't swoon over those dark brown eyes, long eyelashes and dirty blond hair?!?!
Here's a close-up of the cake. Isn't it cute. I came up with it all by myself, thank you very much. I baked the body in one of my large mixing bowls (which took forever!) and the head consists of two cupcakes held together by icing ~ also made from scratch. Buttercream. Butter and sugar together in perfect harmony. YUM!
Here I am hard at work. It was a lot of fun really. And it's my newest obsession, no not baking. that just wouldn't be good for any of us. My newest obsession is knowing every ingredient that crosses my kids lips. I'm getting to the point where if I don't know what's in it I don't want my kids eating it. I have nothing else better to do than worry, so that's what I do. At least when I feed them my homemade cakes I know what it is made from. Butter, sugar, eggs and flour. Can't go wrong with that combo!

No comments:
Post a Comment