Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

What a strange holiday Halloween is. Getting dressed up in weird costumes and going door to door asking for candy from strangers. Kinda odd. But it is so much fun how could you not love it? People handing out chocolate just makes this world a better place.

My sweet Kitty Cat with a broken leg.

Spiderella. Perfect for my lover of all living things, including those that creep, crawl, slither, jump and fly. She is my most difficult child, but she is also the one who melts my heart with her sweet comments. After returning home from gathering candy from the neighbors she said to me: "Mom, thanks for doing my make-up. I know you were really busy, thank you." She's the only one that ever says Thank You to me and it means a heck of a lot.



Here are the crazies at a neighbors house. Man, they are getting big. So big in fact that I have given up any hopes of cute Halloween themes with them. I had good ones this year too! The Beatles (how is that NOT cool?), the seasons (winter, spring, summer and fall ... all you got to do is call and I'll ... sorry, James Taylor moment). What was I saying ... oh yeah, cute themes. Anyway, I gave up on them. My kids have opinions. And likes and dislikes. And their own ideas. I don't know why I allow them to, but they do. So I gave up on cute Halloween themes and let them 'be what they wanted to be' and buy costumes. But don't worry I haven't completely given in, their coordinating Christmas outfits should be enough to get my by until Easter.


No comments: