Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey to Tree

Phew! We've had a busy week around here! Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday. If I didn't have kids it would be my number one, but the look on my kids' faces on Christmas morning tops all others. Spending a few days with my entire family, cooking, eating, drinking, playing and just being together is a close second. I have four brothers who I adore and they have all managed to convince some pretty fantastic women to become part of our crazy family. It's loads of fun when we are all together. Add my crazy dad, wonderful step-mom and my lovely mom into the mix and it's just perfect!
We ate too much. Drank too much. Laughed loud enough the cops paid us a visit. Yelled a little. Stayed up too late. And of course played our family flag football game. (In case you miss Sports Center this week, I had some amazing catches, one touchdown and a mean tackle!)
I miss them all so much already. 'Til next year boys!

Because it's been such a crazy week we thought we'd add to the madness and drive two hours (each way) today to cut our own tree in Boone. It was cold, but fun. Now that the tree has been secured, tomorrow can be spent decorating for my favorite holiday!

I LOVE this time of year!!

No comments: