I spent the morning with Mrs. Cook's class last week. Cooking with my favorite first grader was loads of fun. The fact they were preparing food for the needy made it even better. Of all things I love about Latin, their commitment to public service is tops. "Everyone has something to give" is their motto. I love that. It doesn't say "we" have something to give because "we" have and "they" don't. It says EVERYONE, no matter what it is, EVERYONE has something to give. Time, talent, advice, a hug, a smile. It doesn't have to be a 'thing' per se. Just share what you have even if you don't have excess. I love that.
As much as she loves to be with her friends. She was the only child who returned to the kitchen after we were done cooking to give me a kiss before heading out for recess. All the other moms were amazed ~ and jealous ~ that she came back just for that. But that's my girl, most would say fun to describe her, but I think she's just the sweetest, loving six year old ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment