Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

School started back yesterday. Blah. The kids were ready and even excited to get back to their daily grind, their friends and teachers. But me? Not so much. I hate school. Well, that's a little harsh. I hate that my kids have to go to school. I hate how it controls our lives and interrupts our days. I just want to be home.  In our pjs. Playing boardgames and doing crafts all day. Is that so wrong?

Of course if they never went to school then Camryn may never stop saying "Watch Me Out!" which means "look out, I'm coming through here." She might actually start saying things like "I don't like that" instead of "Me likes this, no." Who knows she may never pronounce her Ks and always call her big sister 'Tatie'.

And Will may always think that nutcrackers are called cracker jackers. 

 
Ben would still be calling his humidifier a camp fire.

And Kate would still be sleeping in 'jamanas'.

So I guess school isn't all that bad. I just miss them when they are gone. And miss our lazy days of being together and hanging out as a family. I guess that's why parents look forward to summer even more than kids do. Sigh. Just a few more months ...



No comments: