Monday, November 17, 2008

5K Race Day

My good friends, Frances and Liza, and I braved the potential drenching rains on Saturday to run in our first 5K together. This was Liza's first race ever and after only a mere six weeks of training she came through with a stellar performance, she ran the entire thing under 40 minutes! Not bad for someone who said "The only way I will ever run is if someone were chasing me with a gun!" There were no guns! Yea Liza! This was my, and Frances', second 5K ever ... and the first since the birth of our last babies. We are all quite impressed with ourselves! It was a little warm for my liking but the rains held off making the race much more enjoyable. I am hoping that this will be the beginning of monthly race dates with my two buddies. For now we'll stick to the 5K scene, but who know what our future may hold! (Of course Frances and I carried our cameras while running, so we could document the day. I love the fact I have friends as crazy as I am!)
Pre-Race
The running dork that I am.

Post race ~ we're still smiling!

1 comment:

revmomof3 said...

I am amazed! You three are truly amazing ladies!!