Monday, December 15, 2008

All I Want For Christmas ...

is Ben's front tooth to fall out! He's tormenting me by keeping it in on as long as possible. He can twist it completely sideways. It's really gross, but does make for some pretty funny pictures! We had a very nice weekend. On Saturday morning I ran a 5K with my friends Frances and Liza. The 5K was part of the Thunder Road Marathon and 1/2 Marathon here in Charlotte. It's the area's biggest race event, and was very different from the last 5K we ran in Fort Mill, SC. Although I was very happy with my time (I came in 2nd for my division), I am not impressed by their race results reporting ... Frances, Liza, and others we know, were 'lost' in the reporting. I will keep checking their website to see if they have fixed it, if they don't it just might warrant a letter from me (and Liza for that matter too!).
Jon and I finished up most of our Christmas shopping on Saturday afternoon while Ma stayed with Will, Kate and Ben. We just need one 'big' gift for Katie from Santa and we should be all set! It will be nice to have it all done so we can enjoy next week together when the kids are out of school.
We spent Sunday afternoon in Waxhaw at the Christmas parade. We go every year, it's just a small home grown parade but we all love it. Waxhaw itself reminds me of Bridgton, so I always enjoy being there. Our mailing address may say Waxhaw, but we are further from Waxhaw than Charlotte, so we are rarely ever there.

In the car on the way home Will told us he wants to be a horse when he grows up. We asked him if he wanted to RIDE a horse when he grows up and he said "No. I BE 'orse' ... people ride me. I get bigger I be 'orse'. " He was very serious about it and gave us all a good laugh!

No comments: