Crawling, Waving, Eating and 'Talking'
Camryn's doing it all these days. She started crawling on the 14th. She's been scooting along for a month or so, but on the 14th she got the opposite hand foot thing down and is now all over the place. At exactly 6 1/2 months she is our earliest crawler. Ben and Kate were both around 8 months, and Will was 7 months. Camryn has also started 'waving'. It's so darn cute. When I tell her to say 'Hi' , she raises her arm, if she's really excited, like when she sees Ma or Daddy, she'll raise both arms. She loves going to the grocery store and waving at everyone who looks her way, she gets tickled when they wave back and come over to talk to her. It's all very cute, but making our shopping excursions a bit longer than I would like. She is also getting quite verbal and expressing her opinion. Mostly she just babbles 'Ahh Da' with a "Ahh Ga Ga" every now and then. She loves to feed herself Cheerios and is trying to sign 'more'. I am always amazed at the level of understanding and communication of a six month old ... even with her being my fourth child, I am still taken aback by the leaps of development in the first year. It is truly amazing. I will try to get some video on here soon, for now you'll have to settle for pictures.
Will, too, is blossoming more and more everyday. He reminds me so much of Ben at that age. He will talk your ear off if you let him and remembers everything you say and say you will do. He was very concerned that Santa wouldn't be able to come this year because we didn't have any snow. I told him that Santa doesn't need snow. "But he drive sled mommy! Sled need snow!" I love how everything to him is so literal ~ of course a sled needs snow, what was I thinking?? He's been really into cars lately and keeps telling us that when "I bigger, I get blue car." He points out blue cars everywhere we go. His favorite one so far was a convertible BMW ~ at least he has good taste! 
Katie has reached that stage where she wants to help out all the time, and most of the time she is a great help. She'll play with Camryn while I make dinner or fold laundry. She helps, as much as she can, in the kitchen. And she and Will play together all the time. He's really going to miss her next year when she goes to Kindergarten. Camryn kept crawling over to him the other day and pulling on his clothes, "It's just because she loves you so much Will " I told him. He looked right at her and said "I love Day-Dee (Katie) so much!'
Well it finally happened ~Ben's tooth fell out!!! He's got a nice little window going now and he doesn't sound like himself. Those 's' and 'th' sounds can be hard when you are missing three teeth in front! His other top tooth is pretty loose too, he'll have a big gaping hole in front before long. It seems like everyone is just growing up so fast around here. As excited as I am for all of them, it's very sad for me. I KNEW it would be fast, I had no idea it would be THIS fast!!
The last couple of weeks have been very busy around here, but my lack of posts have more to do with my Uncle Hugh's death than anything else. The shock, sadness and tragedy of it all left me with a lack of words and a heavy heart. All my love and prayers to Aunt Kathy, Hugh and Vince. Uncle Hugh will be greatly missed, we all loved him dearly.
1 comment:
WOW, crawling!? That's insane!!
Post a Comment