Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ben's 'School' Birthday

Even if you are a summer baby, like Ben, you get a special day at school to celebrate your birthday. Every teacher does it a little different. We brought in TCBY for Ben's special 'birthday' day a few weeks ago to his first grade class during snack time. Nothing like a bowl full of sugar at 10:00 in the morning!

Ben's friends singing Happy Birthday to him. See that blond in the pink? That's Vivian. Don't say anything to Ben, he's very shy about this: Vivian is Ben's first crush. How cute is that!? She's a sweetheart and, despite the outfit, is quite the 'tomboy'. She's also the tallest girl in his class. Tall and blond. Hmmm... just like mommy. Not.

Of course the entire family was there to celebrate Ben's non-birthday. Check out that huge bug bite on Cam's arm. Ouch! Even the insect world thinks she the sweetest little thing.

Ma came to, of course. Ben liked having everyone sing to him. Don't let his quite manner fool you, he LOVES to be the center of attention.

Ben and his teacher Mrs. Cook. She's awesome. And she loves Ben. As a parent that's all I can ask for ~ a teacher that loves and understands my kids. Mrs. Cook does. It will be interesting to see who Kate gets for first grade next year. She really wants Mrs. Cook, but for her sake I hope she gets some one else. Mrs. Cook knows Ben. I don't want that to influence her 'knowing' Kate. We will just have to wait until August to get the teacher list. I hate not knowing what teacher and kids Ben and Kate will be in class with. But I understand the reasons behind it: they like to torture us parents. :0)

No comments: