Jon is desperately trying to catch-up with me. As he will happily say "I'll always be younger than you!!" ... that's quite alright with me. I will never have as much gray hair as he does. That makes us even.
Jon started off his thirty-fourth year with coffee and the Sunday paper in bed, thanks to his beautiful wife. And when I say coffee I mean hot chocolate. That's right, I'm married to a much younger man who drinks hot chocolate in the morning instead of coffee. He's just a baby after all.
Making the best chocolate fudge cake with caramel icing ever! Yummy!!
Ben didn't want to help bake so he became my camera man during the baking of said chocolate fudge with caramel icing cake.
It's a super easy recipe from my friend Pressley (who I miss!). Just one bowl for the cake and quick enough that the kids didn't lose interest. Perfect. Did I mention it was yummy?!?
This picture snuck in out of sequence. Ben took this at reading time up in the playroom just before bed.
This is what I spent my morning making. From scratch. Thank you very much. The 'white' 'things' are all versions of homemade Twinkies (for my very strange kids who don't like chocolate!). The one in back would be the famous chocolate fudge with caramel icing cake. Did I mention how good it was yet? Seriously good. And gone. we have eaten the entire thing. There is always birthday cake left over around here. Not this time!



1 comment:
I am so happy you enjoyed the cake! I told you it was super yummy and super easy!!!
Take care my friend, I miss you too!
Post a Comment