Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting Settled

We are almost done unpacking! Yahoo!! Here are a few shots of 'home' for the next few years. After all the packing and unpacking I hope we can just stay here. Forever. But I know Jon will be itching to build again soon so I better not get too comfortable.

This is the family room in the back of the house. I still have a few pictures to put up here. The kitchen is off to the left and there's a screen porch to the right. Pool is located right behind here.

Here's the kitchen. I'm not crazy about the color but I'm not going to do anything about it any time soon. We need to get a couple of bar stools for the island bar, but otherwise it's 'done'. There is a desk to the left and our kitchen table to the right.

Now to the front of the house. This is the foyer. It's big and bright. That pile of pictures and mirrors on the floor is Jon's 'to-do' list.


The dining room. The colors of this house are the same as our house on Skipaway, so everything 'goes'. I have bought nothing, it's great!!


And the formal living room. This room and the dining room are open to each other and the foyer . It's a nice space. And the best part? It's done!! Not a thing to buy, paint, decorate or put up on the walls.
The rest of the house is coming along too. Kids' rooms are pretty much complete and the third floor playroom is FULL of toys. I will post more pictures soon. But I guess I better go do the only thing left to do around here ~ laundry. Lots and lots of laundry.

No comments: