
There are things about Maine I really miss. The rocky coast is one. I didn't technically grow-up on the coast of Maine, but the coast was certainly apart of my growing-up. Living about an hour away from the ocean we spent a lot of time there. These pictures are from Two Lights State Park. If you go to Maine you have to go here. It's just too pretty to miss.
It's hard to capture the scale of rocks and water with a camera. Yes, even with my Nikon. I may love that camera but by no means can it capture what the human eye can. But compare for a moment the size of my children to the size of these boulders. It's truly breathtaking and beautiful.
It was also a perfect 75 degree day. Warm enough and breezy enough for me to wear jeans in July. What's not to love about that? If I ever move back to Maine it would be for the months of June, July and August ... and then for a long weekend at the beginning of October to see the fall leaves. Of course moving back for those months alone really would make me a tourist.
This is us moments before, seeking shelter from a rain. Camryn was sleeping in the car and Jon was puking his brains out. Luckily the storm passed, and so did Jon's stomach ailment and we all enjoyed the day with Mammie and PopPop. I have TONS of photos from this trip alone. I will try not to bore you with all of them. But this is just the beginning. Consider yourself warned.Dislcaimer: This is the first time I've used Picasa to upload my pictures to the blog. I don't know why they are small and I don't know how to make them any larger. I'm still trying to figure this all out so bear with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment