Playing on the playground at Latin. Of all the schools we looked at before Ben started Kindergarten I was most impressed with Latin's multiple outdoor areas for the kids to play, eat, hang out etc. Private schools can be pretty competitive around here, so it was nice to see a school who felt that playing was just as important to kids' development as reading and writing. It's one of the reason we chose Latin and one of the reason we continue to love it!
Ben, Camryn and Ma playing in the sandbox. And where most of the sand in my mudroom comes from.
Will and Camryn in Ben's First Grade classroom. Ben has just thrived here in first grade. I am blown away by his reading level and his math abilities. He has grown so much this year in every sense of the word. I get emails daily from his teacher telling me what a great student and leader he is in the classroom. We are very proud of Ben and his accomplishments.
Katie and all her buddies. I hope these are life long friends of hers. Jon and I were both lucky enough to go to school with the same group of kids from Kindergarten through High School. I hope Katie and Ben are able to form life-long friendships like we have. There is something really special about still being friends with those who witnessed you growing up.
The lobster boy chowin' down on a cookie after the show. He was also in the front row of his performances. I will try to upload a video at some point, but he's hard to see. Ben LOVES to perform and was just adorable dancing and singing with his lobster claws. He also played the xylophone during one song. As you can imagine this was a highlight of his short little life.
No comments:
Post a Comment