We kicked off the beautiful day Friday celebrating Grandparents Day at Ben and Kate's school. I wish I had some close up pictures of our little penguin (Kate) and lobster (Ben), but by the time the show was over and we picked them up in their classrooms, they had already changed out of their costumes. We did run into Kate's class entering the auditorium as we were walking in. I wasn't fast enough to snap a shot, but we were able to get a close-up look at our adorable black and white penguin. The show was amazing as always. This years' theme was The World We Share. Students were dressed as animals from different habitats all over the world. I am always impressed by the talent of the kids. Ben and Katie did a great job, and more importantly, had a lot of fun!

My Nikon is still on vacation being repaired so this is the best shot I could get with a point and shoot. Here are all the Kindergarten students. The girls were penguins and the boys polar bears. Their region was the north pole (I really hope you figured that one out on your own). They sang the cutest rendition of "New York, New York" to the theme of "North Pole, North Pole". Nothing like 100 Kindergartners trying to be rockettes to make you smile. You won't be able to see her, but Katie is in the very front row on the far left. The first penguin after the last polar bear. I'd be shocked if you could pick her out!

Here is the entire lower school student body at Charlotte Latin. TK through 4th graders. Ben the lobster is in there somewhere.

Our honorary Grandparent of the day, "Ma", and her youngest grandchild. (Camryn fell asleep in Ma's arm about half way through. It was so sweet.) We are hoping more grandparents can join us next year. Grandparent's Day is the biggest celebration the lower school does every year. They make a very big deal out of it and the kids are always very excited to show off their singing and dancing skills. The hour long performance is followed by a casual outdoor reception where family members get to mingle with teacher and administrators. The school is open for kids to show off their classrooms and all their art around campus. It's a wonderful event!

Toothless Kate had the school nurse pull out her very loose tooth on Wednesday. She's been talking about having Mrs. Earp pull out her tooth since school started. She was very happy to come home and report the events of the day. I'm sure the extra attention from her teachers and schoolmates added to all the excitement of the day. (Please ignore the snotty nose. I always do.)

Katie trying not to blink as I take her picture. She's famous for closed-eye shots. She is dressed in all black on her way to be transformed into a penguin for the morning. I hate to admit how good she looks in black. I don't think its a color that kids should wear really, but with her blond hair, blue eyes but dark eye lashes and eyebrows, it really looks good on her. Just don't tell her I said that.
No comments:
Post a Comment