We rented a 30 foot camper, packed up the kids and headed to Dan Nicholas Park on Friday afternoon. Our friends, the Glovers, raved about this place so we just had to check it out for ourselves. They were right, it is the perfect camping place to take kids. To me camping is hiking a mountain with all your gear on your back, trying to make a meal out of some freeze-dried stuff and sleeping on the ground, but when you have four kids under six, camping takes on a whole new meaning. All of a sudden, bathrooms, paved pathways for training wheels, playgrounds, fishing ponds and entertainment become 'camping'. I must say it was rather nice to sleep on a mattress, maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. Chris, Kristine and Logan even joined us on Saturday to enjoy the attractions and celebrate Logan's second birthday. Despite all the work, it was a lot of fun. The only downfall ... I have poison ivy. On my face!! AHHH! Here are some pictures from our weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment