Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Weekend





What a fun weekend. It started, as usual, with soccer on Saturday morning. Ben's team played a great game but it ended up tying 3 to 3. On the way home I was telling Ben that his team played really well even though they didn't win. Ben says "We did win Mommy" ... "No" I said,"You tied ~ it was 3 to 3" ... "I know, that means we both won". I guess that's a much better way to look at it. I can always count on my six year old to spread a little optimism. After soccer Camryn, my mom and I headed to Independence Park for the first annual Craft Attack put on by ETSY. We stopped by my friend Natalie's tent to say hi and check out her adorable knitted creations. It was a beautiful day to be out shopping in the park. Mom, Cam and I ended our outing at my favorite eatery The Flying Biscuit. That evening while Jon was at the NASCAR race (don't get me started on how much I despise that so called 'sport') Ben attended Alex's birthday party, I went for a quick 4 mile run while Ma stayed with Kate, Will and Cam.

This morning we took the kids on the light rail into the city to the Disney on Ice show at the Bobcats arena. Ben knew we were going but it was a surprise for Kate and Will. What a great show ~ we all really enjoyed it! We wore poor little Will out though, he fussed the entire way home, fell asleep as we pulled in the driveway and slept so long that I had to wake him at 5:00 tonight. He probably would have slept all night but I wasn't willing to risk him waking up at midnight thinking it was morning. Overall it was a great day. Putting Ben to bed tonight he told me 'Disney on Ice was awesome, Mommy!' That was all I needed to make my day. (Camryn fell asleep just as we were entering the arena, the picture shows her amazement when she woke up in the middle of it all ... hilarious!)




No comments: