Our almost 90 degree day felt far from fall today. Will and I decided to brave the heat anyway and try to get some yard work done while Camryn napped. We pulled up the summer flower beds, did a little weeding, and put and end to our never ending basil plants ... I was sad to see them go since they have done so well, but I'm the only one around here who likes basil, so in the compost they went. We now have to fill all of the empty spots, but that's the fun part. I can usually get Kate and Ben help me plant flowers, but we are going camping this weekend so it might have to wait. Will had fun playing in the mud and wearing gardening gloves, but after a couple of minutes he was off to ride his bike. He's great at riding, but not so good at putting his helmet on by himself, as you can see from the picture. At least he's not wearing 'his' pink dress. When he woke up this morning it was the first thing he asked for ..."Mommy, my pink dress clean?" His face absolutely lit-up when I told him it was. I really hope this phase ends soon. Besides his pink dress obsession Will's latest saying is "Kiss me Mommy" whenever he does something he's proud of. Today it was buckling his top buckle in his car seat. "Mommy look, I did it! Kiss me Mommy" I mean really, how could I not just melt over that?!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Fall??
Our almost 90 degree day felt far from fall today. Will and I decided to brave the heat anyway and try to get some yard work done while Camryn napped. We pulled up the summer flower beds, did a little weeding, and put and end to our never ending basil plants ... I was sad to see them go since they have done so well, but I'm the only one around here who likes basil, so in the compost they went. We now have to fill all of the empty spots, but that's the fun part. I can usually get Kate and Ben help me plant flowers, but we are going camping this weekend so it might have to wait. Will had fun playing in the mud and wearing gardening gloves, but after a couple of minutes he was off to ride his bike. He's great at riding, but not so good at putting his helmet on by himself, as you can see from the picture. At least he's not wearing 'his' pink dress. When he woke up this morning it was the first thing he asked for ..."Mommy, my pink dress clean?" His face absolutely lit-up when I told him it was. I really hope this phase ends soon. Besides his pink dress obsession Will's latest saying is "Kiss me Mommy" whenever he does something he's proud of. Today it was buckling his top buckle in his car seat. "Mommy look, I did it! Kiss me Mommy" I mean really, how could I not just melt over that?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment